Full-Time Texas Health HEB RN ICU Full Time Nights
Texas Health HEB
RN ICU Full Time Nights
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
• 1 year experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required. A Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• Associate’s Degree Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required. Hired within THR after April 1, 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date preferred
• RN Upon Hire required BCLS upon hire
• ACLS (AHA) upon hire
• CPI training within 60 days of hire
• NIHSS – National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification 30 days
• 2-3 years ICU experience preferred
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.